- What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is defined as any measures taken to guard networks, devices, data and programs from attacks or damage.
- Why do employees need cybersecurity training?
Abacode believes in being Cyber-SMART: using self-governance, monitoring, assessments, remediation, and training to combat cyber threats. Without utilizing these five components, you create a vulnerability within your company that makes the company responsible for breaches, not the hackers. Just as job training is necessary to ensure that employees are prepared to take on their duties, cybersecurity training is necessary to ensure that employees are aware of the risks and consequences of not putting the proper safeguards in place.
- What does your training program consist of?
Our program combines technical and human components with comprehensive training in the following areas:
– Identification and detection of malware and ransomware
– Common social engineering tactics
– Workplace information security and prevention of internal and external breaches
– Email security procedures and hard-to-crack password guidelines
– Phishing and Spear Phishing detection awareness and education
– Social Media threats
– Disaster recovery/business stabilization and continuity
For more information about Abacode’s training initiative, click Why Deploy Cybersecurity Training.
- How can I make my passwords more secure?
Generally, passwords containing multiple letters, numbers, symbols and a combination of upper-case and lower-case letters are the most difficult for potential attackers to guess. Also, getting to vary your passwords for different accounts and websites and staying away from simple passwords such as birthdays or names will strengthen your security.
Am I really at risk for cyber attacks?
Yes. Everyone is a potential target. Though the main victims of cybercrime are typically hospitals and financial institutions, no company is safe from hacking or information theft.
If you have any more questions, feel free to Contact Us.